The UTSC Library Finance & Trading Lab is a state-of-the-art experiential learning centre for finance education and research at the University of Toronto Scarborough. The Lab acts as a “Library for the 21st Century,” providing a hands-on learning experience for students interested in finance and its real-world applications, while also supporting the research needs of UTSC faculty.
The Lab serves over 3,000 students annually and is embedded in the curriculum of most finance courses at UTSC. Co-curricular events include guest speakers from the finance industry, as well as portfolio management and stock pitch competitions that help students develop analytical and critical thinking skills.
Learning activities are supported by a dedicated lab manager and a finance librarian, who collectively have 14 years of investment banking and trading-floor experience, as well as a team of student assistants who deliver a daily market wrap-up to students.
Key highlights of the Lab include:
- 1556 square feet of space, the second-largest finance lab in Canada
- 60 double-monitor computer workstations simulating a professional trading floor
- Industry-standard products, including FactSet, Capital IQ, and four Bloomberg terminals
- A stock ticker to display real-time data and news on hundreds of publicly-traded companies
- A large LCD screen to broadcast breaking news from global markets
Visit the Finance & Trading Lab website.