High school teachers
Does your high school class have an upcoming research assignment? Would you like to experience research in a university library? If yes, consider bringing your class to visit the University of Toronto Scarborough Library.
Details of a typical visit to the UTSC Library
A visit to the UTSC library generally takes about 2 to 3 hours and includes:
- A 15-minute tour of the library
- A hands-on library orientation to help students find books and articles for their research
- Guest logins available for the day of the visit only; library borrowing privileges are not available
You can stay on campus for lunch as well. Students can bring their own lunches or purchase food at UTSC.
Requirements for visiting teachers
- Complete the registration form below at least 6 weeks prior to the date of the planned visit, although we strongly encourage you to contact us as early as possible
- Provide a copy of (or details about) the research assignment the class will be working on
- Teacher must be present during the entire visit to supervise the activity of students and monitor noise level of students
Requirements for visiting students
- Students are encouraged to bring their own USBs to save copies of articles or scanned library materials; free scanners to pdf are available
- Students must abide by the UTSC Library’s food, drink, and noise policies
Library staff will contact you within one week to confirm details of your visit to the UTSC Library. We look forward to meeting you and your students!