If you've searched and are unable to find the items you need in the University of Toronto Libraries collection, you can request books, articles and more via Interlibrary Loan (ILL). We'll search institutions around the world and request a copy for you to view, borrow or download.
- Current University of Toronto students, faculty, and staff are eligible to submit requests free of charge.
- Research Readers (excluding Direct Borrowers), Alumni Readers and Associate Member organizations are eligible to submit requests, but charges will apply ($30 per item).
- In all cases, requesters will be notified of any charges before we proceed with filling requests.
Place a request
- You can place an interlibrary loan request by signing into the LibrarySearch platform.
- If you already know what you need, place your request using the blank interlibrary loan request form.
- Alternately, you can expand your LibrarySearch results to include items beyond the Library collection and place a request on any listed items not held by the Libraries.
- It may take some time to find and obtain the item that is needed
- Once found, electronic materials can typically be delivered to your inbox within the week, while physical materials may take longer depending on where the item is shipping from
Confirmation and pickup notice
- When logged into LibrarySearch, check MyRequests for updates on the status of your request
- You will receive an email when your requested material is available for pickup or download
- Materials are to be picked up from the Info Desk
- Please reply to the pickup email if you no longer need the item you requested
- ILL materials must be returned to the Info Desk at the UTSC Library; please do not remove any paper affixed to the item
Please see the Library FAQ for additional information.