The Information and Reference Desk is currently closed due to COVID-19 restrictions; however, UTSC Library staff are ready to continue assisting students, faculty and staff through our new online help desk.
Visit us online to get live assistance from UTSC Library staff:
- Monday to Friday, 11:00-12:00 (Blackboard Collaborate)
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 2:00-3:00 (Blackboard Collaborate)
Library reference staff can help you with:
- getting started on researching a topic or assignment, choosing resources or developing a search strategy
- searching the catalogue, databases, and research guides for the most useful information
- referrals to your liaison librarian or help centres like the Math and Statistics Learning Centre or Writing Support
- navigating the libraries’ wide variety of services, and understanding your library loans and account
See our research guides by subject or by course code for online research advice, useful tools, and the best resources for your research needs curated by expert U of T librarians.
We offer in-class workshop sessions for students on topics such as searching the web for scholarly content, using discipline-specific library databases, and using citation management software like RefWorks.