The information and reference desk is located at the front of the library and is staffed during regular hours of operation.
Library staff at the desk can help you with:
- Navigating the libraries’ wide variety of services, and understanding your library loans and account
- Searching the catalogue, databases, and research guides for the most useful information
- Getting started on researching a topic or assignment, choosing resources or developing a search strategy
- Referrals to your liaison librarian or help centres like the Math and Statistics Learning Centre or Writing Support
More library help options
In-person liaison librarian appointments
We offer in-class workshops for students on topics such as searching the web for scholarly content, using discipline-specific library databases, and using citation management software. In-person and online co-curricular workshops offered by U of T Libraries are also available.
Visit our research guides by subject or by course code for online research advice, useful tools, and the best resources for your research needs curated by expert U of T librarians.
- Telephone 416-287-7500
- Chat live online with a librarian at Ask a Librarian
- Check the library FAQ to see if your question already has an answer