In-person library help
The information and reference desk is located at the front of the library and is staffed during regular hours of operation.
- Telephone 416-287-7500
- Chat live online with a librarian at Ask a Librarian
- Check the library FAQ to see if your question already has an answer
Library staff can help you with:
- Navigating the libraries’ wide variety of services, and understanding your library loans and account
- Searching the catalogue, databases, and research guides for the most useful information
- Getting started on researching a topic or assignment, choosing resources or developing a search strategy
- Referrals to your liaison librarian or help centres like the Math and Statistics Learning Centre or Writing Support
More library help options:
See our research guides by subject or by course code for online research advice, useful tools, and the best resources for your research needs curated by expert U of T librarians.
We offer in-class workshop sessions for students on topics such as searching the web for scholarly content, using discipline-specific library databases, and using citation management software.
In-person liaison librarian appointments
Request a consultation with your liaison librarian who will provide expert assistance on finding and evaluating resources, designing a research strategy, and uncovering hard-to-find information.