Online Library Help
Get research help from anywhere!
Go to the "Ask! Chat with a librarian" page to see our current chat hours and to start a chat session to get library help.
- The Information and Reference Desk is currently closed due to COVID-19 restrictions; however, UTSC Library staff are ready to continue assisting students, faculty and staff through our AskChat online help service - see above.
- Telephone 416-287-7500
- Chat live online with a librarian at Ask a Librarian
- Check the library FAQ to see if your question already has an answer.
Library staff can help you with:
- Getting started on researching a topic or assignment, choosing resources or developing a search strategy
- Searching the catalogue, databases, and research guides for the most useful information
- Referrals to your liaison librarian or help centres like the Math and Statistics Learning Centre or Writing Support
- Navigating the libraries’ wide variety of services, and understanding your library loans and account
More Library Help Options:
See our research guides by subject or by course code for online research advice, useful tools, and the best resources for your research needs curated by expert U of T librarians.
We offer in-class workshop sessions for students on topics such as searching the web for scholarly content, using discipline-specific library databases, and using citation management software like RefWorks.