Work Study Positions
The UTSC Library posts positions through the University of Toronto's Work-Study Program in April/May for the summer and August/September for the academic year.
You can view the work study jobs through your Career Centre Online account. To apply see the specific instructions for each job posting:
- Collections Projects Assistant
- Student Reference Assistant
- Makerspace Assistant
Student Library Assistant Positions
The UTSC Library User Services unit hires Student Library Assistants (SLAs) for part-time casual positions. The Library is currently hiring SLAs.
Job Posting: Student Library Assistants
Employee Group: United Steelworkers (Casual Bargaining Unit)
Faculty/Division: University of Toronto Scarborough Library – User Services Unit
Student Library Assistants' responsibilities include:
- providing customer service to library patrons (students, faculty, alumni, staff and the public)
- assisting patrons in locating library materials and using library equipment
- enforcing the Quiet Library and other policies
- collecting statistics
- supporting the ongoing maintenance of the library collection
- completing other assigned duties
Education: Applicants must be enrolled at the University of Toronto Scarborough and have completed one year of study.
Experience: Customer service experience is required; library experience is an asset.
Successful applicants will:
- be highly engaged and motivated to provide effective customer service;
- enjoy working independently and as part of a team;
- possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
- maintain a professional attitude, using tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive and confidential material;
- be detail-oriented, well-organized and possess excellent time-management skills;
- be able to lift 25 lbs;
- be reliable, punctual and committed to fulfilling scheduled shifts.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter including your student number in a single electronic file (Word or pdf) using the naming convention LastnameFirstnameSLA to Mary Ann Vernon, User Services Team Lead at email@example.com. Positions are part-time, one term positions with the possibility of renewal. Posting will close April 24, 2019.
Please note that only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Hiring Rate: $15.00/hour
Student Lab Assistant Positions - The BRIDGE
The BRIDGE hires Student Lab Assistants each academic semester for part-time casual positions. When vacancies occur, positions are generally posted in April and November. Please check back regularly for updates.