The course reserves collection includes books, articles, films and other materials that have been selected by an instructor for a specific course. Students can search the course reserves book collection through the Course Reserves search box. Get print course reserves near the library entrance.
To check out course reserves:
- Visit the UTSC Library website and click on the Course Reserves button.
- Search by course code using the first 6 digits of the course code only (e.g. ANTA02) and click on the "Course Code" button. Alternatively, you can enter your instructor's last name and click on the "instructor" button.
- Retrieve the item from the course reserves area near the library entrance using the call number (e.g. QP31.2 .M69 2008).
- Check it out using the self-check machine in the course reserves area:
- Scan the barcode of your TCard and the item
- Slide the item spine down the "V" to desensitize it.
- Print a receipt for the due date and time.
Return items to either the drop box or a staff member. Do not place books back on the shelf - they need to be discharged from your library account first.
Some courses may also have online course reserves that are accessed through the e-Reserves module. There are 2 ways to access your online readings:
Go to the UTSC Library website: https://utsc.library.utoronto.ca/. Under Quick Links click on "E-reserves."
Log in with your UTOR ID and password. Choose your course from the list.
Log into Quercus. Go to your course page and locate the "Library Course Reserves" link in the course menu. Your list of readings will appear in a new tab.
Questions or feedback? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Having trouble finding or accessing your online course readings? Visit this help page for more information.