An application for the UTSC Undergraduate Research Prize will be made by the undergraduate student and will consist of the following:
- Personal data - Full name, UTSC department, current program, unofficial transcript, dates of library research workshop/consultation(s)
- 2 page description of research project using in clear, non-specialist language such that a general scholarly audience can understand the research, and include the wide implications of the project; note other research accomplishments.
- A copy of your submitted research assignment (e.g. paper, website, presentation). If your research assignment cannot be submitted in an electronic format (e.g. a video, music performance, artwork) please email Sarah Guay, email@example.com.
- A statement by a librarian familiar with the applicant regarding the student's engagement in the research process (e.g. active participation in course research workshops or in depth research consultations).
- Signed reference letter on departmental letterhead from a U of T Scarborough faculty member regarding the student's engagement in the research process as applicable (e.g. conceptualization of research design, execution of research, data collection, interpretation of data, etc.).
- Support letters may be submitted up to 7 days after the application deadline; however, your submission must include confirmation from a faculty member and librarian that they will be supporting your application.
Application deadline: April 10, 2018 11:59pm EDT.
Applications must be submitted electronically in PDF format to the firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference letters in PDF format may be submitted by the faculty member and the librarian directly to email@example.com up to 7 days after the application deadline.