Updated May 2, 2022
Watch this page for updates about the UTSC Library's physical offerings of our spaces, services, and operations.
Libraries are open to current University of Toronto students, faculty, and staff. Check this page for information about individual libraries.
- UTSC Library hours
May 2, 2022
The University, including U of T Libraries, is keeping its masking policies in place until June 30, 2022
Access to Library collections
- The stacks at the UTSC Library are open for current U of T students, faculty, and staff
- Check the library status page for opening status and conditions for all University of Toronto libraries
Physical course reserves
- Physical course reserves are open
Syllabus service and material requests
- Faculty members and instructors can check the course readings page for information on how to make readings available to students
- To request a purchase, faculty may contact their liaison librarian or fill out this form
Scan and deliver service
- The scan and deliver service is available
- Current U of T students, faculty, and staff will now get unlimited renewals for regular loans – this temporary measure has been put in place until further notice to help support a gradual return to campus.
- Check the borrowing services page for more information e.g., exceptions and exemptions.
Request a hold
- Library users are now able to place holds on items that are checked out as well as items that are currently in the library
- Borrowers must be signed into LibrarySearch to see the requesting functions
- Look for the blue SIGN IN button on the upper right
- The ability to place holds on items currently in the library is equivalent to what was known as the Curbside Delivery Service
Request Intercampus Delivery (ICD)
- ICD service is available - you may request books from other U of T campuses
- Borrowers must be signed into LibrarySearch to see the requesting functions; look for the blue SIGN IN button on the upper right
Request Interlibrary Loans (ILL)
- ILL is available for both physical and electronic items
- New users to RACER (our ILL self-serve system) no longer need to set up an account
Physical facilities and resources
- Library users must show a green UCheck screen upon entrance to the UTSC Library
- All libraries are open to current students, faculty, and staff only
- Some libraries have additional conditions
- For information on access and hours for other libraries, see Library status 2021/2022
UTSC Library Makerspace
- The UTSC Library Makerspace has temporarily moved to AC256 due to renovations.
- The Makerspace is open.
- Check out online workshops provided by the Makerspace team.
- The BRIDGE is open in person and remotely. Get easy access to information on support and resources in business, finance, and entrepreneurship in one place.
- The BRIDGE also provides access to research tools and data resources for Management students in support of course assignments; visit The BRIDGE for full details on specialized databases and software tools
Study space and computers
- Computers and wifi access is available for current students, faculty, and staff
- Regular study space is available; check other library websites for their information
- Six study rooms can be booked at the UTSC Library via the Intranet
- Technology loans at the UTSC Library are available
Printing, copying, and scanning
- Printing, copying, and scanning is available
- Here is a list of eating establishments on the UTSC campus
- Food is not allowed in the library (temporary measure); drinks in spill-proof containers are permitted
Resources and guidance
Missing your favourite UTSC study spots and work spaces? Now you can be there digitally with virtual backgrounds selected from the UTSC Library's UTSC Archives Legacy Collection and the UTSC Photographic Services Collection!
Download backgrounds from the UTSC Zoom backgrounds page.